- The BioBE Center is funded primarily by a grant from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
Jessica Green, the Co-PI on the grant from the Sloan Foundation, reports:
- I am a Professor at the University of Oregon and I hold an external faculty appointment at the Santa Fe Institute.
- Previously I was an Assistant Professor at The University of California, Merced.
- I am co-founder and CTO of Phylagen – a venture backed microbiome data analytics company. I receive salary and stock options as compensation.
- I am on the Science Advisory Board of PhylosBiosciece and receive stock options as compensation.
- I am represented by the Lavin Agency and receive cash compensation for speaking events.
- I have received grants for my research from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, The Smithsonian Institute, NSF, NIH, DARPA, the John Simon Guggenheim Foundation, and Region Ile-de-France.