BioBE and ESBL are looking to a hire an office manager to support our teams! The full position description and application can be found here.
The position will serve as the primary business officer in charge of coordinating and supporting both labs’ fiscal and administrative operations. In this capacity, the OM assists the lab director, research faculty, research staff, and students in developing and executing annual operating plans, conducting budget forecasts, identifying and procuring grants and contracts, building budgets and scopes of work for proposals, managing allocations of space/equipment and staff resources, and participating in and developing sales and client relationships.
As such, we are looking for someone with excellent written and oral communication skills, who can dynamically interface between the biology and building design teams and our administrative needs. We need someone who has experience in project management and budgeting, who can properly handle confidential information, and who can proactively engage with team members and clients to identify potential conflicts and solutions. This position will require you to work independently, and may require occasional nights and/or weekends to fulfill special projects or events, as well as the timely interaction with clients.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
• Five or more years of administrative experience, or relevant transferable experience.
• Experience managing a budget, or relevant transferable experience.
• Experience in a lead or supervisory role.
• Master’s degree or advanced degree in relevant field
• Research and/or grant management experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory issues related to sponsored projects and an ability to satisfy federal, state and university regulations, while advancing the goal of creating a facilitative environment for faculty research.
• Expertise with Banner and EPCS systems.